- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Secret Stairway Hike
Secret passageways aren’t just found in the movies. The East…
San Francisco's Middle Earth
No need to travel to New Zealand to visit Middle…
Sonoma on the Scene
Wine gets all the fanfare in Sonoma Valley, but there’s…
Diablo's Back Way
A hike with sweeping East Bay vistas, rushing creeks, and…
Afternoon on the Island
What is it about tiny islands in the middle of…
Tucked away in the northern part of Point Reyes National…
Wildflowers, wildlife, and a wildly great view of Mount Tam…
The rolling green hills of Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park are…
Rove the Cove
Today’s San Francisco still has a few places where bits…
Forest of Stone Trees
Tucked way up and away in the mountains of Calistoga's…
Ahh … Sunol in the spring could make John Steinbeck…
Call of the Coyote
Wild and scenic Coyote Hills Regional Park is probably best…