- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Want to kick off the New Year with a monumental…
Paint the Town!
Ready to paint the town? This 1.6-mile easy urban walk…
Walk on the Wise Side
A wise man once said, “Walk it off.” And San…
It’s a guilty pleasure to bag a peak via a…
Bodega Bay Gourmet
Tiny Bodega Head in beautiful Bodega Bay has long lured…
No need to wait for spring to see one of…
Climb of Champions
Here’s a hike that takes you high and burns your…
Slice of Sonoma
You’re in Sonoma, tasting some wine, feeling pretty good—now you…
Redwoods on the House!
Forget the roses … give your valentine giant redwoods! In…
So your Valentine likes treats to be sweet and savory?…
Return from the Wildfires
Last October one of the worst wildfires in California’s history…
Sealed with a Kiss
Where do seals and sea lions go when they’re not…