- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
All in for Alamere
If you’re crazy about the ocean, the beach, and waterfalls,…
Some of San Francisco’s most outstanding art isn’t found inside…
Stengel Beach Bliss
One of the coolest things about Stengel Beach Waterfall is…
Hot, Wet, and Wild!
At Wild Willy’s Hot Springs, you can soak up a…
Hike the Pioneer Trail
Wildflowers unfurling from their winter slumber, birds chirping in the…
Great views, wildflowers, vibrant green hills, even a Secret Trail…
Tank You Very Much
Quietly located just below Twin Peaks, tiny Tank Hill is…
All the Ride Stuff
Car-free, paved, picnic-friendly, and paralleling the river, the American River…
Make Way for McWay
Big Sur’s had some hard luck with fire damage and…
Briones Bragging Rights
Behold the Briones Reservoir Loop Trail in Orinda: an epic…
Tramp at Trampas
Epic East Bay views: check! Terrain with just enough challenge…
Multiple Choice Hot Springs
Travertine Hot Springs stands apart from other Eastern Sierra soaking…