- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Water Under the Bridges
What’s better than two bridges over one great swimming hole?…
Cool Pool Party
Spending the day at the Garden of Eden in Santa…
Hike-in Swimming Hole
We had you at hike-in swimming hole? For a taste…
Bag Tahoe's Tallest
You can’t call yourself a Tahoe hiker until you’ve climbed…
Immortalized in Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Green River,” Yolo County’s Putah…
Thousand Steps Beach
Okay, the name is a bit of an exaggeration—it takes…
If the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands views don’t take…
Sleep Like a Rock
No crowds, no cell phone service—now that’s a wilderness getaway!…
Chain of Alpine Lakes
There are six and a half good reasons to do…
Want to wine surf? Bodega Bay’s Gourmet au Bay put…
SUP 'n' Sip
Crowned Wine Enthusiast’s 2015 Wine Region of the Year? Lodi…
Rocky Alpine High
Set at 10,000 feet in the Inyo National Forest of…