- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Blooming wildflowers and gushing waterfalls can only mean one thing:…
It's How You Roll!
Lush vineyards aren’t the only things rolling in Sonoma Valley…
Pacific Views & Brews
How do you make a beach-hopping coastal bike ride even…
Weekend at Burney's
Get ready for misty cheeks, and to be mystified! The…
Wanna go rugged on the coast, minus the whole pitching…
Pure wilderness, Pacific views, lush greenery, and wildflowers galore ……
West's Best Bike Ride
It’s the crown jewel of biking trails, wending its way…
America's Best Urban Hike
Ten years ago we dubbed it the “Grand Walk” and…
Lingering wildflowers and sweeping Pacifica views … this 1,900-foot peak…
More Cowell Bell!
Crashing waves, salty air, greenery, and enormous coastal views: Biking…
Sugarloaf Ridge State Park is in the heart of wine…
You've Got Stile
Startups aren’t the only thing popping up in Silicon Valley.…