- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Hike-in Hidden Beach
Blink and you'll miss some hidden beach bliss. Located in…
Big Tree Bonanza
Roosevelt elk, canyons draped in ferns and dripping with small…
Mythical crop circles, Stonehenge, California’s Mystery Walls … You don’t…
Nestled north of Lafayette and Orinda, the peaks of Briones…
The Joaquin Dead
Named after the poet, Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland belongs…
Just minutes west of the tony town of Woodside in…
Even if you’re not getting married anytime soon, you’ve gotta…
Crockett in Your Pocket
There are plenty of reasons to add Crockett Hills Regional…
Meet you in Montalvo
Before Hearst Castle there was Villa Montalvo, a 175-acre estate…
Just Dune It
Miles of epic sand dunes seem like something you're more…
Up to Umunhum
Clocking in at 3,486 feet, Mount Umunhum is one of…
There's Something About Henry
Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park in the Santa Cruz Mountains:…