- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Hike to New Lights
One of the best holiday light displays doesn’t involve a…
The sublime Forest of Nisene Marks State Park is popular…
Island Tree Topper
The Christmas light atop Angel Island State Park’s Mount Livermore…
Merry Colorful State Park
Red, green, and blue are just a few of the…
Gray's in Fashion
Built in 1872, Pigeon Point Lighthouse will still beam bright…
SF LED's the Way
Something very cool is glowing on in San Francisco until…
The ultimate holiday mixer isn’t eggnog and rum (although it’s…
Hike through a verdant redwood forest less traveled and get…
Summiting Marin’s Mount Burdell isn’t on many bucket lists, but…
Sea You at the Ranch
Rough-and-tumble coastline, twisting Highway 1, open grasslands, hidden beaches, bluff…
Now and Zen
Feel like you need to enlighten up? Green Gulch Zen…
Snowshoes, Views, and Brews
If you’re going to snowshoe to a view, why not…