- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Bavarian Brunch Paddle
Set right on the Oakland Estuary, Brotzeit Lokal Boathaus &…
Wide-open coastal views, wildflowers, and a waterfall—get spring-loaded on a…
Seaside Summit in a State Park
With tangled trails and unmarked spurs lawlessly winding up the…
You're gonna need a boat to get to one of…
Half Moon Highroller
For an easy bike ride with enormous coastal views, head…
Point Reyes Grand Slam
Wildflowers, hidden beaches, coastal forests, babbling creeks and awesome Pacific…
All the Wright Stuff
Avoiding drama? That’s a good thing. Unless you’re talking about…
Marshall's in Town
Everyone has a favorite view of the Golden Gate Bridge.…
Did we have you at beer? Island? Both?! Why not…
Her Name Is Monte Rio
You’ve heard of Throwback Thursday; how about Old-School Saturday (or…
Tucked in the Santa Cruz Mountains, Loch Lomond Recreation Area…
Bluff Hugging Hike
For a superb 8-mile (round-trip) beach-to-beach ramble along a bluffside…