- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Date Night with the Bay
We’re lucky to live beside one of the most beautiful…
Despite being named for a Confederate warship, the CSS Alabama,…
It started out as a way to romance his dates.…
First place, first to market, first in line. Firsts are…
Every summer, thousands travel to Whitney Portal in the Eastern…
So your idea of camping is barbecues, beach cruisers, and…
As a coastal enclave where beaches meet mountains, Santa Barbara…
Uniquely situated where the Russian River meets the rugged Pacific…
You’re in the South Bay, you have time for only…
Quest for Quicksilver
The new gold rush meets the old gold rush at…
Old and Gnarly
Few places will magnify your sense of time and space…
Inspiration Point, Indeed
Sideways might be the best way to experience Santa Barbara’s…