- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
People talk about location, location, location for real estate. And…
Swim Hole, Say No More!
People flock to Kirkwood’s Silver Lake, a quiet beauty set…
Stately in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Rolling hills, mountain panoramas, and towering redwoods said to be…
High and Mighty in the East Bay
Warriors players aren’t the only living things to stand tall…
The turquoise waters and pristine beauty of Secret Cove on…
Robust mountains, striking slabs of granite, and deep green pine…
Tall Drink of Waterfall
Tucked between Echo Summit and Lover’s Leap on US 50…
So the whole family’s visiting and Muir Woods is full?…
You have an adventurous side and enjoy lakeside solitude, but…
Stump for It!
Ready to go wild, then kick back and relax? It’s…
Cabin on the Coast
So you’d like to camp on the wild Mendocino coast…
Take Me Home to Tennessee
Sometimes easy is best. And in this case, the most…