- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
Three waterfalls, incredible autumn colors, and hardly any people. McCloud…
Perhaps the best deal in the Bay Area: an oceanfront…
Picnic and a Pedal
West Marin has all the right stuff for an autumn…
Find a little peace in San Francisco on an urban…
Everybody loves a happy ending. And one of the happiest…
Some of the most magical hikes begin like a magic…
Upon first seeing Burney Falls, President Theodore Roosevelt called it…
Modern artwork discovered inside a gun battery? Voices coming from…
A cool thing is happening in Yosemite National Park right…
So close, yet far enough to get swept up in…
One of the many reasons people love the Bay Area…
It’s the closest point of land to the Hawaiian Islands…