- Hike to a beer haus on the edge of Muir Woods and enjoy a pint (or two) of German draft. Rock the Haus, Oct. 12, 2006.
- Get away from the crowds at a little-known Bay Area beach. A Cove of Your Own, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Unleash your inner Luke Skywalker on a mountain bike ride that stirs memories of the speeder-bike scene in Return of the Jedi. Return of the Jedi, Nov. 2, 2006.
- Snap a photo of a breaching gray whale on a trip out to the Farallon Islands. Far-out Farallones, Sept. 28, 2006.
- Stay the night in a cozy yurt, perched above the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur. Blissed to the Bones, Nov. 30, 2006.
- Soak in a Marin low-tide hot springs. Moonlight at the Oasis, Oct. 5, 2006.
- Grow your green thumb and do some good deeds with San Francisco Parks Trust. Clean Your Green, Nov. 16, 2006.
- Hike to Bass Lake in Point Reyes, then take a dip to cool off. Swimming? In Northern CA?, Sept. 7, 2006.
- Cross-country ski to your own private cabin, then soothe your bones in a backcountry hot tub. Lost Trail Lodge, Dec. 21, 2006.
- Look out for the Birdman’s ghost on a night tour of the Rock. Spirits of Alcatraz, Oct. 26, 2006.
Other Popular Stories
What a Rush!
Mount Tam’s Cataract Falls is the bobsled course of waterfalls:…
The Carson Show
Carson Falls is ready for primetime. This three-tiered, 100-foot stunner…
When people talk about our great golden state, rarely included…
From Town to Falls
Mount Tam’s Cascade Falls is a bit under the radar,…
If you’ve ever driven Mount Tam’s West Ridgecrest Boulevard, then…
A Real Flockbuster
Some real movers and shakers have swooped in on San…
Sunset Gone Wilder
So you’re sort of snobby about your sunsets? You like…
Cogswell Marsh in the East Bay's Hayward Regional Shoreline is…
Sunset in a Pinch
Sometimes you’ve only got minutes to get to a high…
Secret Snow-white Beach
Ready to hit the snow and the beach? An easy…
Winter Views of Big Blue
When you’re ready to move up from gentle gliding to…
Escape the snow-loving crowds on a moderately challenging 6-mile (round-trip)…